Be part of one of Sweden's fastest growing SaaS companies and help marketers and communicators all over the world supercharge their storytelling!
Founded in 2018 in Stockholm, we are on a mission to radically improve the experience of telling stories for businesses and organizations all around the world. We are building the world’s best storytelling platform, giving our users the tools, the insights and the community they need to succeed in their storytelling. And we’re growing rapidly. Come join the fun!
How you will make life easier for thousands of marketers and communicators:
In order to reach our ambitious targets, we constantly want to make our product even more intuitive for first-time users, as well as more efficient and powerful for experienced users. This means we need to understand the challenges that different user segments face on both a conceptual and detailed level, and design a digital experience that meets their expectations and goals – while at the same time delivering on our business goals. You will be a key-player in leading user-centered design activities, combining insights from user research and usability tests with high-level requirements in order to form concrete design proposals that can be evaluated by various stakeholders, inform other departments on upcoming functionality, and serve as the basis for decisions on investments in development projects and iterative improvements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading continuous efforts that create an understanding of users’ needs, goals and behaviors, typically through user research, usability tests, observations, etc.
- Designing user journeys and interaction flows motivated by insights about users and customers, overall business goals and specific product requirements.
- Creating sketches, wire-frames, and occasional prototypes based on the current stage of a specific project.
- Documenting design proposals in a structured way so as to allow for a controlled review and iteration process.
- Based on high-level designs, working together with UI designers to decide on details of user interface elements.
What can you expect from us?
At Storykit, you can expect a safe and open-minded environment that is both challenging and ambitious. We are growing tremendously fast and therefore give all employees a lot of responsibility from day one. We set high goals, but also make sure that everyone has the right support to be able to reach them. Due to our fast growth, there are almost endless opportunities for development in the organisation. You will work in an awesome team, and with generous terms & conditions.
Who are we looking for - really?
We are looking for an experienced Service Designer for our wildly successful video creation SaaS platform. At Storykit you will ensure that business goals, product requirements and insights from user research and usability testing are translated into concrete, visual descriptions of desired user journeys and interaction flows.
In addition to working tightly with our Product Manager, CTO and CPO, you will frequently interface with software developers, UI designers and other departments such as Marketing, Growth, Customer Success and Support in order to understand needs and to evaluate technical possibilities.
We are looking for a true team player who enjoys customer contact and working together with different teams and departments to understand and define underlying needs, and has the ability to create word-class design proposals in a fast-growing and ever-changing startup environment.
In addition to this, we believe that you have:
- Academic education (Bachelor’s degree or higher) within Service Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or equivalent.
- At least five years of professional experience within user-centered design of digital services.
- Wide experience from various stages of the design process – user research, usability testing, concept creation, sketching, wire-framing, prototyping.
- Genuine empathy and interest for users.
- Ability to work closely with various stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and business needs.
- Superb communication skills, with a willingness to find solutions together with others and accepting occasional compromises.
- A pragmatic approach and ability to switch between strategic discussions and concrete design tasks.
- Experience from working in established design tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Experience from previous work in larger organisations.
- Some experience and basic skills within software development and various programming languages.
You will work with the base at our HQ in central Stockholm and report to the Product Manager. We hope you’re up for the challenge and look forward to hearing more about you. Submit your application with CV, cover letter and portfolio (pdf or online) today!
Buzz: Design, UX, UI, Figma, Sketch, Usability testing, Workshop